red * = new/update
- The first step in ordering anything is the hardest – make contact. Let me know what you’re interested in, and we’ll start a dialog towards making it just right, just for you.
- * The place to start is by making a deposit via the shop page for your kite. This secures your place in the order queue and gives me your contact info. You will find an order button on each kite page, and more information on the kite’s shop page.
- Your first choice will be the colors. Don’t go crazy on colors, in most cases 3-4 is plenty. Just because a kite has 18 panels, 9 colors are not needed. You’ll find a color chart at the bottom of this page.
- Once you’ve told me your color preferences, I’ll do some drawings of different layouts based on them.
- * I reserve the right to reject color combinations or patterns for design, branding, or aesthetic reasons. Please don’t be offended if I suggest alternatives or say no.
- The posted price for a custom kite includes one set of color combinations (usually 4-6 variations), and two refinements/revisions. I reserve the right to charge for additional time, be it drawing, phone or email.
- (notes on the Tsuru) My preference is to keep the Tsuru a four-color kite, and not combine adjoining accent panels into a color block. The core panels, shown in red and green here, will be considered to be unbroken color blocks. I’m trying to offer a level of customization, but still keep the kite recognizable in the sky.
- While I’m happy to honor any reasonable request for alternative sail or framing materials, please note that all conceivable combinations have not been tested and are offered at the customer’s risk and expense. Substitutions may result in some change in the way the kite performs. These changes may be better or worse, but there is no way to tell without testing. I’ll gladly work with you to meet your needs. Again, please don’t be offended if I say no.
- I’ll give you an estimated schedule when we finalize your order. Please keep in mind that I’m a one-man operation. Unfortunately, sometimes things happen, and schedules change. I’ll make every effort to keep you updated on significant changes or delays.
- I’ll send an invoice when I’m ready to start your kite. Payment is due upon receipt of your invoice unless otherwise agreed upon in advance.
- * I reserve the right to ask for an additional non-refundable deposit at any time. Any such deposit will be applied to the total due.
- I will do my best to honor agreed-upon build specifications and provide scheduling and completion updates. Please keep in mind that things do sometimes come up that are out of our control. I understand that this goes both ways. If you find this on your end, please let me know as soon as possible, so that I may adjust schedules and change plans.
- I accept credit cards through PayPal. You do not need to be a PayPal member to use their payment system.
- Please note that paying through PayPal with a method other than credit card or funded PayPal account, i.e. e-check or bank transfer, may delay shipment of your order by as much as 7-10 days. I welcome your use of these methods, but please tell me when you place your order, so that the time lag may be built into the scheduling.
- If you prefer to pay by check or money order, or need special help, please contact me and I’ll be happy to help you.
- Nothing leaves here until payment in full is physically in my bank account.
- North Carolina customers – NC sales tax will be added to your total.
- If you have any questions about your order, please email or give me a call at (828) 292-6894
- * My normal shipping method is UPS ground. Packages will be insured for full value. If you prefer another shipping option, please let me know, but be aware that additional handling charges may apply.
- You will receive an email with shipping info when your kite is ready to go out.
- * International customers – I ship kites internationally via UPS. The law requires me to declare full value for customs on packages. You are responsible for any taxes, duties or fees.
Available Icarex fabric colors
Please note that colors may appear differently on your monitor. Yes, the two oranges are identical here, but the neon is very vibrant in real life. These are the colors I try to keep on hand, but availability varies.